Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sloppy Joes


This recipe is stolen and I did not get permission to publish it but I will give credit to the individual I took it from, even though I don't know them. I certainly wouldn't want to start another "recipegate" like Cindy McCain. I like to look on friends and families blogs and then look at their friends and families blogs (come on, I know you do it too). That is where this recipe came from(Spencer & Amber -> Bowlers Bloggings). I tried the recipe last night and even my pickiest eater (Joshua) ate the whole thing. I will post the recipe as I saw it but I halved it since I wasn't sure if it would be a hit. Next time I will make it as listed and freeze half for a future meal. Also, I didn't have an onion so I sprinkled a little onion salt but since my family is not big on onions, if I had one I would probably only use about half and it would be pureed. Without further adu, here is the recipe.

Sloppy Joes "aka Grandma Braswell's Chili Burgers" (as posted by the original author


2 lb. ground beef
1 c. diced onion
1 can chicken gumbo soup
1 c. water
1/2 c. ketchup
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. chili powder (optional) I used the chili powder in my batch

Brown ground beef and onion, drain fat. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, sirring occasionally.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Hey, you, recipe thief!!! I know exactly where you found this one..caught ya.

Melis

melissa said...

...which by the way, is so funny. I found their blog from my friend's, friend's. Hee hEe. But, it's funny, because I actually know the Bowler family (parent's ward) and his wife who posted the recipe (highschool). I spy on theirs a lot.

We bloggers must have way too much time on our hands.

Amber Burt said...

I will have to try this and see if my family likes it as much as yours.