Monday, April 7, 2008

Mom's big helper!



Bailee is a little girl that likes to be in the middle of everything. Saturday night when Jared went to the Priesthood session of Conference, I thought that I would make some cookies. My sister-in-law, Melissa, had a recipe on her blog that looked really good so I wanted to try it. I thought I was going to be able to make the cookies without any helpers but Bailee has a sixth sense when it comes to something being stirred. I swear that she can be outside and if you get a bowl out to mix something she appears out of nowhere, within minutes. She did pretty good this time, we had minimum spills, and I know she will just get better if my patience can handle it.

These are the first chocolate chip cookies that have not been completely flat when I bake them. They are really good and I want to give Melissa credit for the recipe.

Here is the recipe:
1 lb. butter or margarine (not low fat)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 C. brown sugar
3 eggs
2 Tbs. vanilla
6 C. plus 2 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbs. soda
4-6 cups chocolate & white chips
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Mix together until combined. Add chocolate chips. Let chill in the fridge before baking. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.
This recipe makes about 5 dozen cookies. I like to freeze the dough (in balls in freezer bags) and then just grab them out to bake when we're in the mood for a cookie or two (or three or four....).

5 comments:

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Yumm! I can't wait to try this recipe! What a cute little helper!

Rod said...

We should get her and Stephen together for a bake off!

Anonymous said...

Ok, make sure you take those cookies out on a saturday night so we can eat them at a sunday dinner. You also need to bring your apple dip and apples, Melissa can bring her chicken soup, Brooke can go to Costco and get rolls, and we'll be good to go! I'm glad our next sunday meal is planned! Stephen can surprise us!

Anonymous said...

Oh, anonymous is me.......grandma b

melissa said...

Mmmm. Glad you liked them.