This weekend my good friend, Jaimie, and I went to Park City to celebrate our April birthdays. We went up Friday and shopped at the outlet malls, until they closed, then we went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. We stayed at the Park City Marriot and when we got back that night her husband had surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered cakes (I think they are called petit fours) drizzled in chocolate and strawberry sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Yum!!!!
I, of course, called my husband to let him know what a nice thing her husband had done and he replied that he didn't even know where I was staying. I will have to be more forthcoming with the details next time but I didn't want a surprise of three kids standing at the door wanting to go swimming in the hotel pool. I am totally kidding, my sweet husband took our kids and a friend to the zoo, dollar store, and video store. Enough about them, we stayed up until 1am, watching Juno and fell fast asleep from our tiring day of shopping. I should say I fell fast asleep. It seems that yours truly snores (I am sure ever so softly) and it drove Jaimie to taking an Ambien so she could get some shut eye. She said that she took some video of it with her phone but it "accidently" got erased. I just hope it doesn't show up on You Tube. We finished shopping at the stores we missed the day before and revisited some too. It was a little chilly but warm enough for short sleeves. I think I am going to make this a yearly tradition since we had so much fun. The question is if it will be another over nighter or just a day trip, you will have to ask Jaimie about that one. I am so blessed to call so many people my friend but Jaimie and I have become really close friends and I appreciate her friendship and good company. Happy Birthday to us!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Girlfriend getaway
Labels:
Bridget
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What a great idea! Girlfriends are the best! Chocolate is the best! Sweet husbands are the best! At my age birthdays are best forgotten!! You go girls!!!!
Bonnie G
Bridget,
How stinkin' fun! I am jealous. The last over-nighter I had was a a...a....hmmm, I don't think I've had an overnighter! Hope you got some good shopping in. I've spent the weekend dealing with a 1 year old who can't stop puking and pooping.
Girlfriends are the best! We should plan a family-girls-only over-nighter (As long as nobody teases me for going to the bathroom more than a toddler). Maybe Jared could send us chocolates.
P.S. you're comment on my zoo day was hilarous. Kesley enjoyed it too.
Melis
Sounds like a blast! I wonder which genes produce the snoring :) Dawna says I do, but I am positive she is hearing herself!
I am so glad it sound like i might be the only one on our side that doesnt snore. it is so hard being perfect all the time.
Sounds like you had a blast we need to do that no over one night but maybe a week!!!!
What a fun day! You're not alone my Snoring Sister! Apparently I have a small snoring problem too!
I am admiring your fun "blogspot"! How fun is this? And how cute is our picture? I would love a copy of that. We did have a great time and it definitly will be a tradition from this point forward. (As long as I bring my Ambien each time because of the snoring) Kidding. Next time, I will catch the snoring on tape for sure. I am so lucky to have you for a friend. I would be lost without you.
Bridget,
hi there! I have not seen you in forever! I found your blog through jumping through other blogs. You have a cute family and your still cute as ever, I hope to hear from ya soon.
Shalise (veenendaal)
Post a Comment