It seems like I post more often about Bailee than any of the other kids. I try to be balanced but she seems to create the most events lately. Saturday night, while I was at the store, "she fell flat on her face" (as Sage put it). She ended up with a few scrapes and a very fat lip. Poor thing.
Today after church and a surprise house viewing (our realtor had two Jodi's and mixed up the appointments - she says her excuse is pregnancy. I will give her that and anyone that has been there can completely understand) we decided to hook up the bike trailer and go for a ride. The first plan was to a park in Layton but then I started thinking about the distance (approx. 4 miles each way) and decided that goal might be a little to lofty to start out. We biked to a elementary school and let the kids play for a little bit. I pulled the kids in the bike trailer on the way there (80+lbs w/Joshua and Bailee) and Jared wanted to see what it was like so he pulled them on the way back (downhill). We drove the distance later in our car and it was still a good 2 miles each way. I was pretty impressed.
Later today we went to a favorite park of ours in Layton. It is a quite a distance so there would be no bike riding to this park (by Layton Surf & Swim). We were first introduced to this park 2 years ago by a family friend after the Hill AFB air show and we love it! It has a long walking trail that borders a stream with ducks and geese. There are several play areas along the way and it is just a very nice place to walk around. Joshua was in a mood that can only be explained as a little "kooky" and he was running ahead and just being silly. Bailee decided to share the wisdom that she learned from the day before and called out to him "Joshie, you better stop running or you will get a fat face like me.".
Today, was one of those days that you are able to enjoy the time that you have to spend with your family, and there is no other place that you have to be or want to be. It was a great day!

4 comments:
Oh, I feel so bad for her! I can get her some ice. That cures everything at school! She makes me laugh!!
grandma b
Ouch! Poor dear! Check out my blog...I tagged you!
Poor Bailey Boo She still looks so sweet even with a fat lip. I'm super excited for Sf!!!
Boozer proves to be just as adorable with a banged up face as she is with out, and I cant blame you for being so in love with your family, if I had kids like yours thats all I would want to do!
Post a Comment