Saturday, June 21, 2008
When Mom's away.....everyone plays!
As you know, I had a fabulous trip to San Francisco. When I would tell people that I was going there they would ask "Who will watch the kids?". I found it to be a strange question because the obvious answer was Jared, but not everyone has as great a husband as I do so maybe it isn't the obvious answer to everyone. Jared is always up for anything with the kids and usually has a lot more patience and lets them help a lot more than I do. He is basically the best!
Jared came home from work at his usual time on Tuesday and I left shortly after that, and then he had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as "vacation" days. The pictures on my San Francisco post are from my camera because I left the camera home for Jared to use and document his fun (we had two but someone left it along a trail while mountain biking). I guess Jared didn't realize that I left the camera so he did not document everything but he did a good job after realizing that it was left for him.
Sage is still in school so he was in charge of getting her there on time and presentable. She also had a field trip and I indicated that she would bring a lunch from home so he was in charge of lunch for that day. On Friday she had a book report and she procrastinated getting the reading done so Jared was the one that had to make sure all of the info was included (it was a oral book report). Talk about a full plate! Did I mention that he had a couple of house showings come?
I know that one day while Sage was in school Jared took Joshua and Bailee to the HAFB museum. When Sage came home from school all of them, plus our neighbor Brianna, went to Antelope Island to find "sea monkeys" and rock skipping. Ours creatures were left out in the sun and boiled but the kids enjoyed them for at least a day. Another night they went to the theatre and saw Kung Fu Panda. I would have loved to be there for that one. I think I have mentioned before that Joshua has the most uninhibited laugh. He just lets loose and it is so much fun to see someone enjoy humor so freely.
After Sage's book report on Friday, Jared let Sage check out of school early and they headed to his parents house for the weekend. While there they visited the Thanksgiving Point Farm. Bailee was the only one that wanted to ride the horse but Joshua sat on the sidelines the whole time telling her to be careful and not to fall off. Grandpa joined them after work for another showing of Kung Fu Panda, this time at the drive inn. There was even a potty training "accident" thrown in during the week, for good measure. They certainly had a busy week.
This next part will include my Father's Day tribute and I just want to say that Jared has completely surprised me time and time again with his patience, love, and his desire to spend such quality time with his kids. A lot of guys would have come up with an excuse to not take work off and pawn the kids off on family and friends. They would probably let the kids stay on the computer or watch tv the whole time. Not mine. He is very involved with his kids and he loves them so much and they love him too. I think he's pretty okay too :-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Looks like Jared did a great job at keeping the kiddos happy...makes it even easier to plan the next trip knowing that everything will get done...
except maybe the toilet cleaning.
Jared is the greatest dad and I know because he is an exact blueprint of mine!
Sounds like Jared did a great job. Kids do seem to have more fun out and about then watching tv that seeems to be when mine are the happiest (even with each other) Great job Jared
Post a Comment