Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Colby Craig Wintle






Colby decided to make his appearance on Monday at 9:20pm. We came into the hospital at 6:45am for a planned induction. His due date was March 5 but my doctor was going out of town for two weeks and we knew from a previous ultrasound that he was going to be a little bigger so we decided to have him while my doctor was still here.

Going into the induction I thought that this would be my fastest delivery, being that is was #5. As we all know, kids always do the opposite of what you think they will so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that this would be any different. There wasn't anything wrong with the delivery, he just was taking his own sweet time and my body was taking a long time to dilate (I came into the hospital at a 2). Our doctor, nurse, and we were very surprised that it took so long but he was certainly worth the wait.

He weighed in at 8lbs and measured 21 inches long. He is a very calm baby and doesn't cry unless you change his diaper. We had a hard time narrowing down a name but looking at him after he was born Colby kept going through my mind. He has some dark hair and long skinny feet (like his Dad). Happy Birthday Colby!

4 comments:

Aleisa said...

congrats! lrt me know when you are up for some visitors. we can also bring you a dinner let me know

melissa said...

Congrats again. He is darling. Almost makes me want a newborn again except mine is sleeping through the night:)

Glad he finally decided to make an appearance.

Are you home? That was a quick blog update! I'll leave you alone for a few days. I'll plan on calling next week to bring over a meal, let me know if you need one before then.

Have fun with him, pretty soon he'll be four months old like mine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! What a darling name for such a beautiful baby boy! All I can say is I hope your epidural worked (that is, if you had one) during your long labor. He definately was worth the wait though. We are so excited for you and your fam...I especially love the one-eyed picture of him...he is precious! Congrats again! Can't wait to meet him!

Trish said...

I actually came across your blog from wendy pike's. I ask colton all the time if Bailee had her baby yet. Congrats!!! he's beautiful!.