Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's a......

We actually don't know what it is but for those of you that haven't heard - We are having a baby!
I gave a little hint in my last post but we have been pretty quiet about it this time. I usually tell everyone by about 9 weeks but it just got easier and easier to wait. We have also decided, for the first time, not to find out what we are having. That decision is made and done, because we had the ultrasound today (yes, I am 18 weeks) and everything looks good but that is all that we have found out.

I have to tell you since I have found out the gender with all of our other babies, it was a bit of a let down leaving the ultrasound without knowing. Hopefully, keeping it a surprise until the end will make up for that.

Since some of you are finding out for the first time that I am pregnant I will let you know that I am feeling fine. I got really tired (like dead tired) at the beginning and had more days of "not feeling good" than any of my other pregnancies but I haven't thrown up, but I didn't really expect to since I haven't with any of my other pregnancies. Although, I am starting to get heartburn :(

We told our families when I was around 15-16 weeks. I had updated family pictures to give them and put an earlier ultrasound picture in the mix and told them I forgot to show them a picture. My mom cried, I cried, Pam was completely surprised (she had been giving me hints and putting babies by me the last couple of months and I think I had her convinced we were done).

Jared thinks it's a boy, Sage thinks it's a girl, Joshua thinks it's a boy, and Bailee wants a girl. Do you see a trend here? Bailee has also said that if it is a girl she wants to name it Spark. I told her I thought that sounded like a dog name but she stands by it and just says "I like it".

7 comments:

Shalise said...

WOW.. I had no idea, Congratulations to you and your Family, it seems that everyone I know is having a baby- well, except me. I am glad all is going well.. I can't wait to know what the baby is at the end of the pregnancy.. Congrats again.

melissa said...

OH man, I thought you'd give in. That title got me excited just to be let down! Glad to know all looks well. I need to know the gender so I can either get your clothes back to you by February...or not!

I just hope Jared doesn't get his hopes up and be disappointed at the birth when a girl pops out! It's easier to be slightly disapointed at the ultrasound and have time to "get excited."

Congrats again, I can't believe you are 18 weeks.

Amber Burt said...

I can't believe you are already 18 weeks! I knew you were pregnant, but had no idea how far along you were. Congrats! I am glad to hear that everything is going great!

Unknown said...

Man, I don't know how you are not going to find out. That's cool that you are waiting, but we will definitely be finding out so that we can try to prepare. We don't have enough bedrooms and will be sharing! Glad you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!CONGRATS!CONGRATS!!!!! We are thrilled for you and I admire your patience to wait to see what you are having. We are so excited!

Liz said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting :) there are going to be a bunch of new babies next year in the family, just wished we lived closer so they could see eachother.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Congrats! How exciting. Hope you are feeling well! I am going to go ahead and guess that you are having a GIRL!