I can't believe it has really been 4 years. Bailee was induced on her due date and she came into this world as loud as ever. The volume control has not stopped and you can hear her where ever she is. She had a brief stay in the NICU because it was found that she had Group B strep and was having a hard time breathing. We then had to give her medicine through an ivy at home for a while longer.
That is not the last stay she has had at the hospital and when I think of Bailee I always think of the x-ray from her second visit to the hospital. One time I was doing laundry and she started to choke but then she stopped. The doctor wanted me to take her in anyway and they did x-rays and found she had swallowed a bullet (actually a blank). Jared was doing dog training and he left some blanks in his pocket, they went all the way through the washer and dryer and when I was folding them, one fell on the floor only to be ingested by a little girl that can't stay out of trouble. We were told by St. Marks to take her to Primary's just to make sure there wasn't anything in the bullet that would make her sick. PCMC told us to watch for it to pass and be careful not to drop her (funny little joke). It passed and we have a x-ray with a bullet in the middle of her chest as a souvenir. She was almost 1 when this happened and I am only telling the story so that you can get a good idea of what it is like to have Bailee in our family. She keeps us on our toes and we are better for it.
She is a very strong willed girl and has an answer for everything. If you tell her to go to her room she will tell you she doesn't want to and isn't going to. If you tell her you will take away her toy and put it in timeout too, she will tell you that she will get the toy back. If you tell her you will put the toy on top of the fridge so that she can't get it, she will tell you that she will get a stool and climb on it and get it. Her persistence is very tiring but I know that it will benefit her and I hope that we do not stop her from spreading her wings too much and taking all the world has to offer.
She is my biggest helper right now. She loves to help with cooking, dishes, cat liter, sweeping, you name it and she will help you with it. I also hope that doesn't end anytime soon.
A few of the things she likes to do at this age are sing, playdoh, pretend with Barbies or other dolls, and do anything her brother or sister are doing. She is a daredevil, dress up loving, helper, screamer, do it herself-er, animal loving, park loving, goofy little girl. We love you Bailee! Happy Birthday!!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Happy 4th Birthday Bailee!
Labels:
Bailee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
She is so darling.. I cannot believe she had swallowed a blank! I would be freakin out.. glad all went well with that. Crazy what little kids do isn't it. She looks like she is a fun one to be around.. Love her post. Happy Birthday Bailee..
Love those hats!!! Life is always exciting and new with Bailee. I must say we miss her cheer a bit.
Love ya Boo...Happy Birthday.
Grandma and Grandpa
Happy Birthday Bailee boo boo you are so sweet!!!
Post a Comment