This week we celebrated Sage's 10th birthday. I can't believe it has been 10 years since she was born. She is my first child and first girl. She was born almost a week late and my doctor and I decided it was time to send the eviction notice and I was induced. She was born at 9:54pm and weighed 7lbs. Everything went smooth and worry free during my pregnancy with her and the delivery was the same.
I remember that Jared was driving so slow on the way home from the hospital because he didn't want anything to happen with our new baby in the car. Everyone was so excited to see her and we got a lot of visitors that day.
I didn't realize at the time, because everything seemed overwhelming with my first baby, but each time I would look back at the last milestone we just passed, I would realize what a good baby and toddler she was. Jared and I were watching some old videos and we noticed that the we didn't have the bathroom doors shut and no locks were on the cabinets or the fridge (those didn't come until Joshua). She ate like a champ, she wasn't fussy, and by 10 weeks she slept until 10am. She was and still is a cuddler. She likes to have her arms, legs, back, pretty much anything tickled.
She walked at about 11 months and by 18 months she could count to 10. It was around that same time or a little later that she loved the movie Bambi and could recite word for word a portion of the movie that Thumper had to tell why eating greens was so important. She has always been a little quirky and very imaginative and at one time named her legs Cece and Thompson. She would always keep the names the same on the right and left, it would never change. She also named her back Harry. Sage loves animals and has had several through the years. She has had fish, a hamster, hermit crab, and a kitten. We now have a different cat and two dogs. Her favorite toys growing up were those plastic animals from the dollar store and right now she loves Littlest Pet Shops. She wants to be a Zoo Keeper when she grows up and she has not waivered from this since she was about 5.
Sage can be a little dramatic and has always said that she wants to be on tv. She likes sports and has played soccer. She also loves to dance and has missed her classes at Miss Margene's since we moved. She loves to collect things and rocks are a big interest right now. She loves to play with friends and she is very outgoing. At her old school and her new school everyone seems to know her name, even the adults (and no, it isn't because she gets in trouble).
Sage was the only child until she was 4 and then our second daughter Cassidy was born. She was not on this earth very long and Sage had to wait until after she was 5 before Joshua was born. Bailee didn't come until Sage was almost 7. The age difference has been hard at times but Sage is getting to be a good babysitter for very short periods and when in the mood, can entertain for hours. I can't believe how grown up she is acting and sometimes it is hard to remember since Joshua and Bailee are so much younger but we are figuring it out. She teases that she doesn't look like her mom but she is no doubt a Wintle. She is a great daughter and sister and we are very grateful to have her as part of our family. Happy Birthday Sage!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Happy Birthday Sage!
Labels:
Sage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I find myself always leaving comments on almost every one of your posts! I can't help it! I love your blog!
I remember when Ryan and I were engaged and we were over at Pam's house to pick out our wedding invites. You and Jared were over there with Sage and was just a little tiny baby. I remember how cute she looked; she had on these really cute Old Navy overalls! I remember asking you if I could hold her. As soon as I picked her up, she started crying! It was so cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAGIE!!!
I love you and I am so proud to be your identical aunt, Also Richard (Robs Brother) named his Bongos after your leggs because he thought the story was so funny!!!
One day I know I will be a mom but if my children come from someone other than me I know I wont ever have to wonder what my biological children would have looked like- because I have you!!!
Happy Birthday!
I totally was reminded of this story when I read this post:
My funniest memory of Sage was at your house in WV. Bart and I were probably just barely married, no Kaden yet. You were holding Sage and she said "Mom, you be Me, and I'll be You." Then you two had the funniest conversation standing in the driveway_she with a motherly voice, and you whining like a kid. It was so cute, and I thought "What a smart kid!"
I haven't been on for a while so this is a little late. I can't believe how fast sage is growing up. Its funny I remember all those little stories and I can even picture her when she would quote Bambi. I just love how social sage is I remember being at grandma Pam's when sage just walked up to some strangers in the front yard and started talking with them she wasn't very old either. I think sage brings so much fun to our family and I am very happy to be her Aunt. I love you sage.
Post a Comment