Saturday, April 11, 2009

Old MacWintle had a farm


I think the running theme with my husband is animals. He has been hinting at chickens and quail for a while now and we all know that when Jared starts hinting it will become reality soon enough. That being said, we are now the proud owners of 6 baby chicks (apparently we are on a waiting list for the quail).

Growing up my husband had a grandfather that he idolized and that grandfather had animals. I think a lot of my husbands interests in animals go back to the time spent with his Grandpa Bagley. I know that since the time I have known Jared I have heard several times about the chickens his grandpa gave him when he was little. I am glad he has such great memories of his grandpa and he wants to share those same experiences with his own kids. Let's just hope there are no memories of cows because I don't think our yard, his wife, or city ordinances would allow it. Love ya hun!

2 comments:

melissa said...

...but just think of all the money you'd save on milk. can we come see the animals? Maybe you could open a petting zoo when you get some llamas.

Craig and Pam said...

You know Craig reminded me that when we would go over to Grandpa Bagleys we would all go in the house and Jared would go up on the hill to see the animals. Dad would ask where he was and then he would go and join him.
How lucky your children are to have a dad that is also building memories that will last them a lifetime.