I know I have a lot of updates to make, but I thought I would share what happened today. I was gone to Ikea (I have to get my fix every now and then) I guess Bailee wanted to be on Sage's bed and Sage didn't want her to be. In removing Bailee from the bed she ended up with a gash in her head. When I got home, Jared was debating if the cut was deep enough to go to instacare. It didn't really look that deep but he decided to side with caution and took her in. A little while later they returned with STAPLES in her head. He said that as soon as they heard it was a head wound they took her right back. The nurse was spelling to Jared what they were going to do but then the doctor came in and said it out loud so that got Bailee a little upset (duh). He said that after they numbed it and could clean it out really good he was able to see just how deep it was and was surprised. Moral of the story..."No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
Also, she will probably be wearing some knit hats all week. I guess we can't wash her head for 3 days and after that it can't be submerged for the rest of the week (ewwww). I'm sure it will be looking lovely.
Don't look at the next part if you are weak of heart or stomach.....
I'm going to try and get a better picture tomorrow - the gel they put on her head was making the picture shiny.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Monkeys + bed = broken head
Labels:
Bailee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love how the smart Doctor came in and said it how it was.. Really, were talking about kids here Ü You should get that dry shampoo you can buy it at walmart. Silly monkey's they just don't get it do they.. I bet that hurt, did it cut your trip to Ikea short?? Hope for a great recovery..
I never thought about dry shampoo. Hmmmm. I had no idea any of it had happened until I got back from Ikea.
Poor thing. Staples?! Tough girl! Our first instacare visit with Ty for stitches was also a bed incident.
Ouch - made me hurt! Thanks for your thoughts!
xoxo
Melanie
Hi Bridget, You have won the Love letters! If you would email your address - I will send them to you!
greavesma@hotmail.com!
Congrats!
Post a Comment